CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 12, 2011

4th of July dress

The inspiration for this dress came about in a few different ways. I have a very dear friend I have known for 5 years. Her daughter was born on my wedding anniversary and wanted to send a gift. I had enough fabric left over to make a dress for Klaira and with the 4th coming up....it was a MUST! I haven't made a pillow case dress in FOREVER! I am teaching a friend to sew and this will be Her first project. So, I thought I would make a dress to refresh my memory.

I wasn't planning on using the navy/heart print but after trying it on Klaira, I was a bit too short. So glad it was, I LOVE the way it turned out and if you have been checking out the past few projects, I'm obessed with fabric flowers. (I have just enough of the navy/heart fabric for a little neck tie;)) ((Let's just hope my husband doesn't notice they are hearts))

1 comment:

Kristina said...

so cute!! and I love the flower up top!!!