CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 8, 2011

Boy Shorts

I love making clothes for my daughter and really wanted to try to make something for my son. I tried a few of blog tutorials for boy short by using an existing pair of shorts and mine came out a little wonky. So, I found this Simplcity(2907) pattern for $1.99 and thought I would give it a try.
For the first pair I followed the pattern step by step. It was super easy to understand and took around two hour from cut to complete. I was a little worried about the cargo pocket but it was on the the easiest parts.
The parts I will do different in the future, of course there will be more:), is leave off the cargo pocket. The length of the shorts were too long for my little guy, so I will shorten them too. Due to the size of the side pocket, I couldn't move the cargo pocket up more and after shorting them it would be too close together. Overall, Love the shorts and love making them. What do you think????


No comments: