CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Jacob's Quilt

It is FINISHED!!! I am so excited that I finally finished Jacob's quilt. Over the past week I wondered if I would even get it done before he got here...I'm 38wks. This was my first offical quilt. I have sewing a few rag quilts but this was my first cotton quilt with basting and binding. I figuared out too late that I probably should of stuck with a cotton backing for my first time instead of minky but I couldn't resist the feel. I went from quilting every inch to sewing every 5 inches in the ditch. However, all the info I read about sewing minky said to sew with the minky against the feed dog and that DID NOT work. It kept pulling. I had to take it apart 3 times:0. So, I had to sew a basting stitch on the minky side, then stitch on the other and of course remove my basting after that. Now I can say it is was worth it but there were a few moments, I wondered. Next quilt I will just do free motion quilting when sewing minky. But enough gripping, my lastest master piece;)

The fabric is Alphabet Soup by Riley Blake and I used 6 fat quarters that I purchased in a bundle on Etsy from Quilts and Jewels. I LOVE the colors and the cute little animals. I can't wait to wrap up my little man in and watch him play around on it!!

No comments: